Just before Christmas the government announced the third lockdown for UK, as the numbers of cases for COVID were going up quite rapidly.
The schools closed again and we needed to homeschool until the 8th March. This was a little bit of a challenge while we led the team and base at the same time, but by God’s grace we managed it and our girls are happy to be back and school.
School has been very tiring for them, as it has been challenging to go straight back and to see many kids after being fully isolated, but we are proud of them, especially Saria as she has been a support friend to one of the girls from school.
During these last three months creativity came up in so many ways and also we feel so blessed that we live in Cornwall. Although it is very cold, we have been enjoying so much family time, having walks, going to the beach, making tamales with plantain leaves that we found here and some cassava bread with some cassava flour that was given to us. Our girls also enjoyed walking a friend’s dog from time to time.
It is always our celebration month. It was Saria’s birthday, my birthday, our 15th wedding anniversary and Cornwall’s 4th anniversary year. We enjoyed so much being creative and celebrating in different ways.
In these last months we have been involved in a few schools:
- School of Leadership Encounter (LDE): We were staffing this school, which was led by the same leaders from the Leadership Development Course (LDC) that we did in Spain in 2016. There were almost 100 participants and we were 27 staff.
- Mentoring: Wendy continues mentoring 4 girls from Ecuador and she has been really enjoying doing that.
- September DTS 2021: We are planning to run this school this year. We are excited that we are having 12 enquiries so far. We are praying to see how many will be accepted to join us this September.
- Albania: Wendy has been teaching through Zoom in a DTS in Albania. It has been such a blessing to see a group of young people from different cultures pursuing and going deeper to know God.
Communications, prayer walk, worship and virtual prayers
It is crazy how much during lockdown, media has been such a useful tool to reach many. We have been so blessed last year to get a camera and other useful tools for us to use it and since then we have been able to do virtual prayers, meetings, Zumba, videos, devotionals, etc.
Daniel has been training one of our team who is running the social media for YWAM Immerse Cornwall, along with working on different communications projects. We will soon have a new YWAM Immerse website launched along with our devotional videos that we post every week.
Our girls have been learning a lot as we getting involved in helping Daniel with the film making.
Prayer Requests & Thanksgiving
- Pray that God will bring the right staff to help us to run DTS.
- Pray for housing provision to run this school in Newquay.
- Pray for new ministry opportunities as lockdown is being lifted.
- Thankful for the unity that we have within our team.
- Thankful for the new doors that have been opened in Ecuador and partnership with our ministry.
- Thankful that we have reached 42% of our income for this year.
Thank you so much for walking with us through your support, messages, finances and prayers. We would not be able to do this work without you. We pray you will be blessed during these times wherever you are.
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’
All our love
Daniel, Wendy, Ella & Saria
FOLLOW US IN OUR SOCIAL MEDIA